#001 - Introduction

Welcome to my new blog, Engineering a Fortune.

The purpose of this blog is to document the road that I travel as I try to build a my "fortune" to retire early on. I've told every person that would listen about the things that I have learned and continue to learn about investing and I have finally decided to put it in writing so I don't have to keep repeating myself. And so I can have links, and pictures, and additional resources available. My goal is to let everyone I know and everyone who will read know about the ways that I discover to build wealth for the average person.

So what are we talking about specifically? Investing in and using lower risk strategies to build wealth. Putting your money to work for you through stocks, bonds, funds, and options. I am building a portfolio that will provide me with a growing income stream once I am retired. I'll never have to empty the account and there should be no risk of ever running out of money. And I'll retire early. So there it is, be on the lookout for the next post where we will start from the ground and work our way up.



Comments