Fundrise: New Dashboard and DRIP Investing

A Company On the Move

My recent foray into crowd funded real-estate through Fundrise has been interesting. Specifically in how fast the company is moving. Both of their original investment "e-REITS" filled up before I caught wind of the company and started investing. Shortly after my initial $1k investment Fundrise had an "internet IPO" where they sold privately held shares of their company to investors (notably not on a major exchange like a regular IPO). Today I received an email that Fundrise is now offering DRIP reinvesting of profits. Upon loading up their website to accept this offer (I love automatic reinvesting) I find an entirely new interface with additional information such as my earnings to date, date of next expected distribution, and projected gains.


Originally I was slightly underwhelmed by Fundrise's presentation. Their page was pretty bare and once you sunk your first investment, that was that. The only difference was a different color on the circle and the number of investments you are diversified in. I welcome this new dashboard with open arms. Specifically I really enjoy having the ability to see what has accrued before it gets paid. It gives me the feeling that my money is still working, even if I can't take it out and use it.


DRIP Lowers the Bar

Allowing DRIP reinvestment further lowers the bar for less wealthy investors to participate in a fairly unique opportunity (read this for an explanation of DRIP). Previously the minimum investment for the current open funds at Fundrise was 100 shares or $1,000. With DRIP lower value investors will see their investment more easily compound which is a good win for buy-and-hold types starting out.

Confidence is Infectious


This amount of movement and change, this unique offering, and these responses to customer concerns are why I decided to double down on my Fundrise investment. Preferably by the end of the year I will make a third investment just to put my foot in each of the funds and see how they perform. Right now the market is soaring and that catches people up in confidence.


REMEMBER CAUTION!!! Investing is my hobby and I diversify myself like crazy so that I can try out a spread of investment vehicles. Don't ever put all of your eggs in a single basket and if it looks too good to be true it probably is.


As always make sure to do your own research and come to your own conclusions before making an investing decision.

Comments